Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just another day

I was enjoying a nice cold Dr. Pepper this afternoon when Aaron got home from school.  He wanted some so I let him pour it into a glass.  Of course he spilled it.  Of course.  Since there weren't any electronics on the table I was fine with it (I don't want to talk about how much money in electronics have been ruined by Aaron's inability to not spill liquid--hint--THOUSANDS).  I got him a paper towel to clean up the mess (he was probably wondering why I was so calm).  Since he spilled all of the Dr. Pepper, and still wanted some, he decided to suck the Dr. Pepper out of the paper towel.  Isn't that what any civilized human would do?  I put a stop to that because, well, that's just nasty. 

Since my afternoon Dr. Pepper was cut short, I looked through Aaron's backpack to see if anything important came home.  We got our first note home from school today, and apparently Aaron had a good day.  The note says he was much more settled today.  I'm wondering what that looks like on a scale from 1 to 10 though.  You know?  Like one of those pain charts you see at the doctor's office.  Maybe they could write scenarios for each number and send it home the first day of school, that way I have a point of reference.  Then if they just wrote a number down at the end of the day I can say, "oh, his day was equivalent to...."  Although I would still probably come up with all sorts of outrageous scenarios of what happened during his day.   That's what happens when I let my imagination go out of control.   This is probably why they use words like "settled".  For the record, I love his teacher, so if you're reading this Mrs. B....you're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment