Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shopping because of Aaron

Here are four items on my shopping list that keep recurring, and today's shopping trip wouldn't have been complete without purchasing them AGAIN!
Well ok, the Red Bull has nothing to do with Aaron....there is NO WAY I am going to let him have one of those!  My neighbor got me hooked on Raspberry Red Bull sodas.  (You add raspberry Italian soda flavoring to a Red Bull--it's delicious!)  Not only are they tasty, but they (as in 2-ish) give me a little kick that I need to get through the day.  But of course the other things (shaving cream, shampoo, hand soap) are replacing what is missing in my house because "someone" dumped them out.  The bummer is--I took my mom's advice (weird huh? but that's not the bummer part so don't freak out Mom) and bought a refill container of soap--the plan is to only fill up enough in the container so that when he dumps it I don't lose the whole container (she's a genius).  Well, I went to put soap in the empty container only to realize that I had thrown away the empty container and now have nothing to put the soap in.  So if you come to my house for a visit, you'll still have to go to the kitchen sink to wash your hands after you use the restroom until I buy a new container that he can dump out and I can refill only partway. 

I don't really realize how crazy my day is when I'm in the middle of the trenches, but as I look back over my day--holy cow!  Today I needed groceries, so I took Aaron with me (there's my first mistake).  We made it to Lowe's and Office Depot.  In all of my 13 years of parenting, I have never had to deal with a kid puking in a store.  Until today.  Yay.  I'll spare you the details, but not before I tell you it was EVERYWHERE--me, him, the copy machine, the floor.  The poor gal at the counter asked if I needed a trash can (uh, yeah), and hands me a roll of paper towels as he's continuing to lose the Dr. Pepper and doughnut he had for breakfast.  I'm hoping the stain comes out of my pretty white shirt.  Needless to say, that cut my Costco and Target portion of the trip.  I checked out at Office Depot (seeing as how I was already in there), and asked for an extra bag "just in case"--luckily I didn't need it.  He ended up being fine--it was once again one of his weird puke things. 

Then after we got home he wanted my glasses (which I had on), so he came up to me and said, "I want gwasses".  I hadn't taught him that one, so I was very excited and gladly handed over my glasses.  For him to label an object, use the words appropriately, and be clear enough that I can understand him all without us teaching it to him--it was awesome awesome awesome!  The problem is I can't see without them.  So I would take them back, and then he would come back over to me and say "I want gwasses"....I would do as much work as I could stand without being able to see, and then I would go back and get them.  We played this "game" for a while, and then I think he got bored--he came back to it later on though.

I ended up leaving him in the mostly-capable hands of the other family members and went to finish the errands that were cut short by the "incident" at Office Depot.  It was nicer to be alone anyway.  When I got home, there was Aaron in the bathroom with the water running and his head under the faucet.  He'd get his head wet, spike his hair, look at himself in the mirror and make faces, dry it off with a towel, and then do it all over again.  He's so funny! 



No comments:

Post a Comment