Thursday, July 21, 2011

The stainless steel bowl

I don't really "do" puke.  It makes me want to puke.  I didn't realize this before I had kids.  Even after 13 years of parenting under my belt, I still haven't gotten used to puke. Those of you parents out there--you know how you can just "tell" when your kid is going to puke?  They get that cough and you're running as fast as you can to either get a bowl, or find anything for them to puke in other than your bed/carpet/you name it.  Having a non-verbal kiddo means that they can't tell you when their tummy is upset and they are going to lose their lunch--lucky for me, I have "that cough" nailed down.  I would say 80% of the time I'm accurate, 10% I missed and 10% I overreacted.  So Aaron coughs, I interpret the cough, and then he sees me run through the house like a crazy person trying to get a bowl so he doesn't puke on my stuff.

Tonight he coughed.  One of THOSE coughs.  So I look at Husband and say, "do you think he's gonna puke?"  Apparently those were the key words because Aaron gets up and walks away.  Huh?  He goes into the kitchen and comes back with a big stainless steel bowl.  He hands the bowl to me, looks at me, and then makes himself burp this deep burp as if he's going to puke while leaning over the bowl.  He repeats this 3 times.  Are you kidding me?  He decides to spit in it just to give me something to do, and then walks away.  Seriously?  So tonight's "cough" goes under my 10% "overreacted" tally.  Stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment