Tuesday, July 26, 2011

VBS & Goof Off

This week is Vacation Bible School at church.  Aaron hasn't gone before, but this year this therapist (McKenzie) offered to take him (and I get to enjoy 2 hours and 15 minutes of uninterrupted "me time" woo hoo).  The plan is he participate to the extent he can, and then they take breaks when he needs them.  Game time came, and Aaron and McKenzie were waiting in a line for their turn.  The kids were supposed to throw a ball into these hoops (at least that's how my older son explained it).  Aaron was tired of waiting in line, so he decided to run up to the front of the line and kick the balls everywhere.  My son looks up and someone else (he didn't know who) was holding Aaron's hand while McKenzie cleaned up the mess he made.  My son's friend looks at him and says, "It takes two people to watch Aaron.  One to hold him and other to clean up after him."  Out of the mouth of an observant 13 year-old boy!  :)  SOMEBODY gets it!!! 

Later this afternoon I was cleaning some mounting tape residue off of the sliding glass door with some Goof Off.  I needed a razor blade  and the stuff smells horrific so I put the cap back on (it's "child proof") and put it on a shelf outside.  I figured after I found the razor blade and came off of my Goof Off high I would finish the job.  When I went back to get the can (of course it was the large size) it was gone.  The only thing I could find on the deck was the bright red cap.  Crap!  So I went looking through the yard and there was the can of Goof Off--completely empty.  Here are my theories as to the mysterious disappearance of the Goof Off:

1.  Seeing the bright yellow container was too much to handle and they thought it was a toy, so the dogs jumped up on the shelf, popped the lid off and played with it.  (Not likely)

2.  Husband tried to poison dogs--it's well known that he doesn't like them.  (This wouldn't surprise me; however, he was at work, so he has an alibi...or so I think).

3.  Aaron decided that the high he was coming down off of after sniffing the Goof Off in the house was too much to handle, and he wanted another hit.  So in an act of desperation he popped the lid off and dumped it all over the grass so he could get another whiff of it.  (Plausible)

4.  Aaron was bored, saw something shiny, knew he wasn't supposed to get into it, so he decided to get rid of it.  (Most likely)

I'm going to guess that it's number 4; however, I don't have security cameras to back my theory up.  Given history though I think it's a pretty safe bet.  I need to get me some security cameras!

No comments:

Post a Comment